Explore the area in Preah Vihear

Explore the area
What local say?

Preah Vihear province, a silent Northern part of Cambodia, is home to the world’s renowned Preah Vihear Temple. This complex sits at the borderline between Cambodia and Thailand. The province is named after the temple, as its landmark. Preah Vihear is mostly covered with forest, boasting their natural landscapes among both local and foreign tourists. It occupies 13,788 square kilometers of land with a 160,551 population accounting for 1.1%, considered the smallest population in the country, Cambodia Tourism.Β 

Preah Vihear Province is bordered with Steung Treng to the East, Siem Reap and Oddar Meanchey to the West, Kampong Thom to the South and Thailand to the North. The province is subdivided into 7 Districts and 1 City, which are further subdivided into 49 Communes (Khum), 2 Sangkats and 232 Villages (Phum).

No Code Name in Khmer Name in English Commune Sangkat Village
01 1301
Chey Saen
6 0 21
02 1302
8 0 26
03 1303
Choam Ksant
8 0 49
04 1304
αž‚αžΌαž›αŸ‚αž“Β  Β Β 
6 0 23
05 1305
12 0 57
06 1306
αžŸαž„αŸ’αž‚αž˜αžαŸ’αž˜αžΈΒ  Β Β 
Sangkum Thmei
5 0 24
07 1307
Tbaeng Mean Chey
4 0 12
08 1308
αž€αŸ’αžšαž»αž„αž–αŸ’αžšαŸ‡αžœαž·αž αžΆαžš
Preah Vihear City
0 2 20


The province is home to the world’s heritages, surrounded by thick forests and located remotely from other parts of Cambodia. However, the local produce is no different from those of other provinces, in which 85% of its inhabitants live on agriculture and farming. The other 15% depend on fishing and other local businesses. International trade has seen a slight increase as it borders Thailand. With the plateau landscape, Preah Vihear offers a picturesque glimpse of endless nature and water resources to 219 natural reservoirs. Yet, investment is needed in all sectors available in the province, according to Cambodia Investment. Β Β 


Interestingly, three ruins from the Angkorian era, like Preah Vihear, Koh Ker, and Preah Khan can be found in this once-war-affected province. Their mysterious and holistic artworks draw attention from both domestic and international visitors. If you look for a wonderful getaway from urban life, into the nature, come and enjoy an unfamiliar sight Β of Preah Vihear and Dang Rek mountain chain covering this awe-inspiring monument. A special site to not miss is the Eco-Global Museum, requested by UNESCO in 2008. This project symbolizes and reflects on the ancient Khmer civilization and life of the local ethnic groups, Kuoy, within their rich natural diversity.


People buzz around in casual clothes, as farmers or fishermen, in the look that you normally witness in the countryside. As it is known for its developing infrastructure, expect very few main streets, modern buildings and fancy places to hang out. However, with its exquisite natural treasure, the locals welcome the new faces to enjoy their homeland through both cultural and eco-tourisms.


The province used to be a hot spot of cross-border disputes. Yet, it has now become an attractive destination for both Thailand and Cambodia. Preah Vihear can be reached from the capital, Siem Reap or a Thai border. Unfortunately, land transportation does not come in varied choices, but these differ in distances and starting points. It is around 210 kilometers from Siem Reap and 294 kilometers from Phnom Penh, according to Phnom Penh hall. You can also find a wide range of transport means such as bikes (to rent) to go about and around the provincial town.

Explore real estate investment opportunity in this area

None Listings.

Contact us